Saturday, May 17, 2008

Jeez.

So I guess we're all posting reflection posts now. There's really not that much to reflect on, when you think about it. I really am kinda sad that school is over, no matter how many times I say I'm not. You just pull this page up and rub it in my face. I really don't know what I'm going to do this summer. I'm sure it just seems like a big, empty, vast space now, and when it's taking place it'll fly by. Things always go faster when you're having fun. Which is what I will be doing this summer. At the Lake and Spat Camp. Does it bother you guys when I talk about the lake? I'm guessing it does. Most of you have been there though, and the few that haven't are going to have been by the time summer ends! Well, the big things I'm doing this summer include (in no particular order except closest to farthest from right this second):

Lake tomorrow, well, today actually
Panic! At The Disco Concert on May 31, in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Laking it up every weekend
4th Of July Week -- INITIATION!
Spat Camp
Lake

And that's about it. I hope you all have more things to do than I do. It's a really quite pathetic list.

Okay, I don't know how I'm going to survive not seeing you guys. That might be the hardest thing about summer. Once we go to school for 2/3 of the year it becomes a habit to walk with you guys between classes or before or after school, or even eat lunch. It's going to be especially hard to adjust to that this summer, and frankly, I have no idea why. Randomly when I'm eating lunch alone I'm just going to start having conversations with you guys. Yeah, it'll be so fucked up and crazy, but I'll do it to keep myself sane. (Conversations with yourself = sane). I don't know. Maybe I've just grown more mature, or maybe less. With our conversations, who knows. The fact that I don't know what to do with my life may be making summer seem so much larger, too. After this I only have 3 years to decide what the hell I want to do when I get older.

Oh my God, this is such a girly post. Like, all indepth and analytic and stuff. Things I'm not really known for. Well, I'm extremely tired, but oh-so-hyper becuase of test grades. Yeah, that's right, I got a 100% on my acc alg II test. I'm going to keep saying that until one of you hits me. I'm just that proud of it. I had a B in that class. Yeah, a B is good, but sometimes I don't think you guys understand that it's just not acceptable for me. Those of you who get B's, I swear I don't love you any less. It's just kind of a big deal for me, to prove that I can do something. Some of us can sing. Some of us can play the guitar like nobody's business. Some of us are naturally hilarious and awkward and could do it professionally. Some of us are so fashion-savy that you could pull anything off. Some of us are the short, blonde friend. I'm really none of that, I'm the one that get's straight A's. I think I'd like to be known for that. It seems like it has some lasting value, but I probably only think that because I want it to. The rest of you that got straight A's, good job, one year down, three to go!
GOD. DAMN. IT. I AM GOING TO BE ONE OF THOSE SENIORS WHO HAS NEVER GOTTEN A B. I WILL DO IT, AND I WILL DO WHATEVER NECESSARY TO ACHIEVE MY GOAL.

I feel like such a moron and a sap for posting all this reflective stuff, but sometimes it's just good to get it out. Sometimes I feel like I can't rant about things that include my parents and grades because I get attacked if I do. Whatever. I'm not trying to single anyone out or anything, it's just nice to be the one to get the best grade. And that's fucked up and so dumb and juvenile and retard-ish, but it's comforting.

I guess I just want to thank you all for making my first year of High School amazing. Really, it was. I love HS. Many people hate school. I really don't. In fact, I'm sad it's over. But, as Melly said, we're only underclassmen now! I love you guys, and I hope that we can get together enough in the summer to not lose the inside jokes or comfortableness (totally not a word) that I've gained with you.

Even as I sit here at 12:27, I keep forgetting that we don't have school. Even as I write my post about not-having school I forget that I don't have any homework to do. It's gonna be kinda sad not seeing all the people I did at Lincoln, the ones who I don't know and just like to look at. If you know who I'm talking about, you better not say a single fucking word about this person. -POINTED STARE- Heh... well, I need to shower, my hair isn't going to clean itself.

Summer better be fucking awesome.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

aww...you write the best sap and reflective posts maddy. you almost made me cry! maybe i'm a little emotional these days...

not to mention i'm listening to jumper while reading that.

*breaks into tears*

(wtf? where's that string of letters? they've disappeared)

.m..a..d..d..y. said...

ugh, I was so, I don't even know last night. Like all depressed and stuff. I don't really want it to be summer. I don't think I'm ready

Anonymous said...

Holy amazingness. First of all, your reflecting sappy post blew all of ours out of the water. And mine far into space. Just thought you might want to know the thoughts I had while reading it:

It's ok, you can talk about the lake. I just have to overcome my inferiority complex. My problem, really.

Now I have to make up some splendid summer plans. (Literally, make up)

I am ridiculously proud of you getting a 100 on the math test. I like to feel like I associate with smart people. And if Calculus doesn't kill me, I totally expect to be one of those seniors standing up there with you. (Since I don't have to risk failing a gym class anymore.)

I also like to know that I'm not the only one who sucks at summer. And the indepth analyticalness suits you.

Wow, who knew I had so many thoughts? When I was trying to come up with stuff for my own blog nothing came out.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

"there's really not that much to reflect on"

you say right before the novel begins

clarinet party thursday! GMB NEVER ENDS!

.m..a..d..d..y. said...

I KNOW STETTS! haha, i'm kinda excited to see the new retards

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! I'm so displaced at those things though. Maybe this year will be better. I hope Carla's going because I stole her book and I should return it.